Durable & Natural-Looking Dental Implants in Mooresville
At Alliance Dental Group, we believe you should never settle for an incomplete smile that jeopardizes your oral health and doesn't make you happy. Our practice offers implant-supported restorations that are durable and natural-looking. Our dental implant options work to restore your oral structure functionally and aesthetically.
Located in Mooresville, we devote our expertise to offering quality dentistry. Let our skilled dental team utilize advanced technology and a friendly chairside manner to deliver confident dental implant solutions that will serve you for years into the future. Contact us today to schedule your visit!
CALL US: (704) 755-3510 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implant posts are artificial roots made out of titanium that fuse with your jawbone and designed to replace missing teeth. Each post is topped with an abutment where we place the prosthetic tooth restoration, which is custom-made to fit securely into your jaw. Your new tooth is attached to your implant for a sturdy and natural-looking replacement.
We utilize cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) to scan and render 3D digital images of your entire oral structure. This gives our experienced dentist a clear vantage point in finding out how your teeth are aligned and if you have enough jawbone to allow the procedure to reach optimal results.
Pretreatments for Dental Implants
Before we begin this permanent procedure, we must confirm you're a good candidate for dental implants. To ensure we can reliably insert the dental implant into your jawbone, you must have healthy gums and sufficient bone density. If you're suffering from gum disease or bone loss, our Mooresville dental implant dentist develops a plan for you to receive the necessary pretreatments. Some of the preliminary treatments you may require to help support a dental implant include:
- Gum Disease Treatment: Healthy gums are a vital part of your overall oral health and require for dental implant placement. Our team assesses your gum health, and if you are suffering from gum disease, we will recommend treatments to restore them to optimal health. Our team also provides hygiene tips that help keep your gums healthy.
- Extractions: If a tooth is severely damaged, decayed, or impacted, we can carefully remove it for the restoration to take its place. Our dental team will always work hard to preserve your natural teeth before resorting to removal. However, should you require an extraction, you can trust we perform careful extractions and do everything we can to ensure your comfort throughout the process.
- Bone Grafting: For a dental implant procedure to be successful, your jawbones must be healthy and strong, or the implant may not successfully bond and remain stable. If your jawbone is too thin and weak, a bone grafting procedure may be required. This involves transplanting a small amount of bone to your upper or lower jaw, increasing the volume, and ensuring the dental implants have enough material to fuse securely.
Our Implant-Supported Restorations
Dental implants are a highly versatile tooth replacement option, being able to replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or all your teeth. The types of implant-supported restorations we provide include:
- Implant Crowns: Crowns restore a single missing tooth and will be customized to match the shape, color, and alignment of your neighboring teeth while preventing them from shifting out of place.
- Bridges: Two Implants can support a set of crowns with a prosthetic tooth suspended between them. Implant-supported bridges can replace several teeth in a row without using healthy teeth as anchors.
- Partials and Full Dentures: Dentures are custom-made dental appliances that replace missing teeth and the surrounding tissue. Partial dentures are used when one or more healthy teeth remain in your jaw, while complete dentures can replace an entire arch. Your custom-made dentures can be fixed or removable, depending on your situation and desires.
Dental Implant FAQs
We expect you to have many questions about the process, and we're happy to answer all of them, including about the operation, the materials we use, and post-surgery care. Some of the questions we frequently get asked about dental implants include:
Dental implants are durable and resilient due to their titanium material and are a permanent tooth replacement option. In some cases, we may need to replace the restorations after a number of years. Fortunately, it's an easy and comfortable process to replace implant restorations.
Maintaining your dental implants is just like caring for your natural teeth: brush, floss, and visit our dentist for regular cleanings and check-ups.
Once the implants have fully integrated with the jawbone, you can resume your normal diet. There is a 24–48-hour recovery period after surgery where we recommend refraining from eating hot, spicy, and hard foods that require a strong bite to consume, such as apples.
Trusted Dental Implants in Mooresville
At Alliance Dental Group, we believe a confident smile is an irreplaceable asset. We proudly offer reliable dental restoration services designed to give you a brighter, healthier, more functional smile. Our Mooresville dental practice features advanced technology and a friendly dental team who will make you feel at home while delivering results worth smiling about.
Our Mooresville dental implants can help you regain a healthy and functional smile for the foreseeable future. Contact us today to schedule your appointment!
CALL US: (704) 755-3510 REQUEST APPOINTMENT